Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sky Scarf, Holland, MI



You know, sometimes I come across things online that I want to do, but I can't remember how I came across them in the first place. This is just such a thing.


It's called a Sky Scarf and is the brain child of Lea Redmond AKA Leafcutter on Ravelry. She calls this a "Conceptual Knitting" project.


Basically, you look at the sky every day and knit two rows on a scarf in colors that represent what the sky is doing.


Above are my color choices. I'm using Cascade 220 Fingering in white, robin egg blue, sapphire, silver and charcoal.


This scarf is knit on size 4 needles over the course of a year and will measure approximately five feet when finished.


I will be starting on January 1, 2012. Lea recommends keeping everything together in the open so that it is easy to remember to do your rows each day. I found (YES, FOUND!) this beautiful Longaberger basket last year, bought a new liner, and I think will be the perfect place to keep this scarf for a year.


Check back to see my progress. Since I live in Michigan, I'm sensing there will be a lot of white and gray to start with.


Interested in making your own? Click HERE.

Interested in the yarn I'm using? Click HERE.

Interested in joining the Ravelry group for this scarf? Click HERE.

2 comments:

aimee said...

That yarn looks fantastic! Have a great time with this project and I look forward to your progress.

Joy said...

that looks like an excellent idea!