Thursday, March 6, 2008

Felted bag

I saw the knitted version of this bag on http://www.knitty.com/. It was called "Square Cake" and I thought it was adorable. Well, I'm not much of a knitter, and I currently have two knitting projects started, so I decided I would try a sewn version. I went to my local mission store and found this bright purple, wool sweater in a women's 2XL; brought it to work, where we have a top load washer and there I attempted to "felt" it. It worked pretty well, but also filled up the washer and the dryer with TONS of purple fibers. I mean TONS! I brought the now felted sweater home and tryed it again in the sink and then in my nice front load washer. Well, my husband got home first and found that machine also full of purple fibers. To say the least, he was confused and not thrilled. Fast forward to a few days later and I cut apart the sweater and made this little bag to the specifications in the pattern. It is cute, but a lot smaller than I thought it would be, even though I made the "larger" size. Honestly, I'd have to recommend taking a look a the "knitty.com" website for the original knitted purse.

No comments: